Parents have one of the greatest responsibilities ever given to mankind: the care and development of the children God has given them. The Bible tells parents to “Train up a child in the way he should go”, placing the responsibility upon the parents for a child’s care and education.
The ideal environment for raising a child is the home. However, in today’s society, with mothers participating in the work force, there is a need for day care centers committed to the same parental values.
Kiddie Kollege Facility
The Lee’s Summit Baptist Temple Kiddie Kollege is a Christian day care center committed to instilling godly values in the students. Kiddie Kollege opened its doors in 1994, furnished with modern equipment, and fully staffed to care for children from newborn to five-years-old.
Standard provisions at Kiddie Kollege include:
* A nutritious hot lunch, as well as morning and afternoon snacks.
* Field trips for ages three, four, and five. These are enjoyed by parents as well as the children.
* Well-lighted, off-the-road protection, and fenced playgrounds divided according to age levels.
LSBT Kiddie Kollege is open from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Kiddie Kollege Staff
The staff at LSBT Kiddie Kollege desire to work as partners with the parents of the students entrusted to their care. Just as the parents, the teachers want to give the children the best possible foundation on which to build the rest of their life.
The teachers at Kiddie Kollege strive to provide God’s love and care to every student in this school. A warm, secure atmosphere is provided, giving each child the opportunity to develop mentally, physically, socially, spiritually, and emotionally.
The director, manager, and teachers have years of experience in education and working with children. The staff is mature, experienced, and well-trained to meet the needs of every child. They truly care for each child’s welfare in all aspects of their life and development. The workers are also trained in CPR and first aid in case an emergency should arise.
The Kiddie Kollege uses A Beka curriculum for children two through five, providing them with the education needed to equip them for school. The teachers are proactive with each age level, challenging every child to learn and develop on an individual basis:
* Infant through one-year-old: teaching begins as soon as a child is born. Reading, singing, and playing is part of the curriculum at this age level, along with much love and attention.
* Two and three-year-olds: actual class time with books to help them learn colors, numbers, and letters. Worksheets and crafts are used to develop coordination.
* Four-year-olds: class time continues to build on the foundation laid in the two and three year old class. They are taught Bible stories, memorization of verses, and how to write letters and numbers.